The quickest and simplest nut-free basil pesto that can be produced in just five minutes without pine nuts. It’s fresh, it has a lot of taste, and it only requires six healthy ingredients. Superior than any and all versions available for purchase in stores.
Ingredients for Pesto without Pine Nuts
|fresh basil leaves||2 cups|
|fresh baby spinach leaves||2 cups|
|lemon juice||2 tbsp|
|black pepper||½ tsp|
|extra-virgin olive oil||¼ cup|
|freshly grated parmesan cheese||¼ cup|
Preparation for Pesto without Pine Nuts
- Place the basil leaves and baby spinach in the bowl of a food processor and pulse the mixture many times. As a point of reference, please see the images above.
- After adding the lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper, pulse the ingredients once or twice more.
- After that, you will need to use a spatula to scrape the sides of the food processor.
- Adjust the speed of the food processor to the lowest setting, then add the olive oil in a slow and steady stream.
- This technique helps to emulsify the oil into the pesto, which ultimately results in a smoother texture.
- At last, incorporate the grated parmesan cheese by pulsing the mixture.
- Try it out, make any necessary adjustments to the seasoning, and enjoy it!
I will never suggest a product unless I really like it and actually use it myself. Pesto is very adaptable and may be used in a wide variety of contexts. You may make a sauce for pasta or orzo salad using this ingredient. You may marinate steak, shrimp, or chicken in it. It also works well for chicken.
And you can even sprinkle it over veggies that have been roasted or barbecued. I would rate it 4 out of 5. If you use this recipe, please leave a remark and rate it at the bottom of this page. Definitely a must try dish.