Restaurant Style Paneer Butter Masala or Paneer Makhani is one of the most popular paneer recipes in Indian cuisine. In this dish, paneer cubes (Indian Cottage Cheese) are simmered in a mildly rich onion tomato cashew nut based gravy, of course with some butter and cream made in the Stovetop or Instant Pot pressure cooker. Low in carbohydrates, safe for people following the ketogenic diet, and gluten-free.
Ingredients for Pan Fried Buff Mince Patties
|For Onion Tomato Puree|
|Onion diced||1 Lagre|
|Tomatoes diced||3 medium|
|Cashewuts (about 12-15) OR almonds||1/4 cup|
|cinnamon stick||1 inch|
|For Paneer Butter Masala:|
|Butter or oil||2-3|
|Cumin (jeera) seeds||1/2 tsp|
|Kashmiri red chili powder||2 tsp|
|Paneer (cottage cheese) cut into 1-inch cubes||200gm|
|Dried fenugreek leaves (kasoori methi)||1.5 tbsp|
|Garam masala powder or use kitchen king masala||1 tsp|
|Fresh cream (full fat)||2-3 tbsp|
|Sugar or honey optional||1/2-1 tsp|
|Salt as per taste|
Preparation for Pan Fried Buff Mince Patties
- In a saucepan, combine the entire spices, onion, tomato, cashew nut, ginger, and garlic with one cup of water, and bring to a boil.
- Prepare over a flame that is medium for at least 15–20 minutes. Take the pan off the heat, and let it cool. Utilize a high-speed blender to achieve a purée or paste that is completely smooth.
- While the butter is melting in the pan, add the jeera seeds and cook them for a quarter of a minute.
- After incorporating the Kashmiri red chili powder and the bay leaf, give the mixture a short swirl.
- The onion-tomato cashew puree should then be added. Cook for two to three minutes with the lid closed over medium heat.
- Add the paneer, kasoori methi, garam masala, or kitchen king masala, salt. Perform a thorough mixing, then bring the mixture to a boil.
- After incorporating the cream in a careful manner, the paneer butter masala is now ready to be served.
- The dish for paneer makhani should be served piping hot with chapati, naan, rice, and slices of onion.
You might also love to try Instant Pot Zucchini Soup Recipe
After making it, this dish quickly became one of my favorites among all the recipes in my collection. So delicious.
I rate it 5/5. I strongly suggest that you try this out in the comfort of your own home.