Tofu that is incredibly simple to prepare and can either be air-fried or baked in the oven. This recipe for tofu is not only rich in protein but also very easy to make, since it requires just six basic ingredients and can be ready in just 15 minutes. Ideal for a fast meal for supper, lunch, or for adding to meal prep or salads.
Ingredients for Super Crispy Tofu
|tofu||14 to 16 ounces|
|extra-virgin olive oil||1 Tbsp|
|cornstarch or arrowroot starch||1 Tbsp|
|garlic powder||1 tsp|
|onion powder||½ tsp|
|black pepper||½ tsp|
Preparation for Super Crispy Tofu
- Take the block of tofu out of its packaging and wrap it in several layers of paper towels or a clean dish towel that has absorbent properties.
- Tofu should be pressed for at least half an hour while it is lying on a level surface. I put mine on a plate that has four layers of folded paper towels on each side of it, and I leave a wooden cutting board on top of the plate to press it down.
- You also have the option of using a tofu press in its place. Prepare the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit, or the air fryer to 400 degrees.
- To make the tofu more easily digestible, cut it into bite-sized pieces (approximately 3/4 inches apiece). It is estimated that the block will produce forty cubes.
- Place the cubes in a large basin, then drizzle the olive oil over them and stir gently.
- The arrowroot starch, garlic powder, paprika, salt, onion powder, and black pepper should all be added at this point. Toss everything together in a light and gentle manner.
- Oven (30 minutes): Place the tofu cubes on a baking sheet that has been lined with parchment paper in an even manner. Avoid having them overlap or come into contact with one another.
- Bake at 425°F for 15 minutes. Take the baking sheet out of the oven, use tongs to turn each tofu bite over, and then put the baking sheet back in the oven for another 15 minutes.
- Fry in the air fryer for fifteen minutes: Place the cubes in the air fryer when it has been warmed, making sure they don’t touch each other. Depending on the capacity of your air fryer, you may need to complete the process in two separate batches.
- Fry in an air fryer at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 to 18 minutes, or until the food is golden brown. Enjoy this delicious topping in a bowl, a salad, or paired with your go-to roasted vegetable.
You might also love to try Air Fryer Banana Chips Recipe
I will never suggest a product unless I really like it and actually use it myself. Tofu is an excellent source of protein for those who follow vegan or vegetarian diets. In point of fact, each dish contains almost exactly 10 grams of protein.
I would rate it 4 out of 5. If you use this recipe, please leave a remark and rate it at the bottom of this page. Definitely a must try dish.