We’d like to introduce you to the very finest gluten-free shepherd’s pie, which has fluffy mashed sweet potato as the topping and ground chicken and veggies as the inside. A traditional shepherd’s pie made with less calories, fewer unhealthy ingredients, and more tasty ingredients.
Ingredients for Sweet Potato Chicken Shepherd’s Pie
|Ingredients (Mashed Sweet Potatoes)||Quantity|
|sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into quarters||2|
|plain Greek yogurt||2 – 3 Tbsp|
|garlic powder||½ tsp|
|black pepper||½ tsp|
|Ingredients (The Filling)||Quantity|
|1 Tbsp olive oil||1 Tbsp|
|yellow onion, diced||1|
|ground chicken||1 lb|
|garlic cloves, minced||3|
|dried thyme||1 tsp|
|tomato paste||1 Tbsp|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tbsp|
|smoked paprika||1 Tbsp|
|chicken or vegetable broth||¾ cup|
|frozen peas||1 cup|
|fresh spinach||3 – 4 cups|
Preparation for Sweet Potato Chicken Shepherd’s Pie
- Turn the oven up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Put the sweet potatoes in a big saucepan and cover them with enough water to come up an inch and a half on both sides. Bring to a boil and continue cooking for eight to twelve minutes, or until the potatoes are soft when pierced with a fork.
- The sweet potatoes should be drained and mashed with a potato masher. After that, incorporate the Greek yogurt, salt, garlic powder, and pepper with the help of a spatula. Put to the side for now.
- In the meanwhile, bring the olive oil to a medium temperature in a big saute pan. After adding the onion, continue to sauté it for five to seven minutes, or until it becomes translucent.
- After that, give the garlic a toss, and continue to simmer for one more minute. After pushing the onions to the side of the pan, add the ground chicken to the center of the cooking surface. While the chicken is cooking, you should split it up using a spatula.
- Once the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit, add the tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, paprika, thyme, salt, pepper, and chicken broth and toss to combine.
- Continue to simmer for two to four minutes, or until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Mix in the frozen peas and spinach with a wooden spoon.
- After the spinach has become limp, transfer the chicken mixture to a baking dish measuring either 9 by 9 inches or 7 by 11 inches. Place a heaping serving of the mashed sweet potatoes on top of the chicken and carefully spread them out into an equal layer.
- Bake for twenty-four to twenty-eight minutes, or just until the potatoes start to brown. If you want your vegetables even crispier, grill them for five minutes.
- Take the shepherd’s pie out of the oven and let it cool for anywhere between 5 and 10 minutes before serving.
You might also love to try Broccolini Salad Recipe
I will never suggest a dish unless I really like it. You might also love to try making this dish at home. Because it is prepared using fresh and straightforward components, it will make you feel both happy and satisfied after eating it.
I would rate it 4 out of 5. If you use this recipe, please leave a remark and rate it at the bottom of this page. Definitely a must try dish.