Curl up with a bowl of this creamy and nutritious buffalo chicken mac and cheese with crispy roasted broccoli and enjoy some quality time with loved ones. This delicious and filling meal is the ideal healthier alternative to the traditional macaroni and cheese: it is gluten-free, velvety smooth, and has just the right amount of kick!
Ingredients for Healthy Buffalo Chicken Mac And Cheese
|buffalo sauce, more to taste
|fresh broccoli florets, one medium head
|yellow onion, minced
|all-purpose flour, gluten free if needed
|unsweetened almond milk
|1 + 1/2 cups
|shredded sharp cheddar, or vegan cheddar
|salt, more to taste
Preparation for Healthy Buffalo Chicken Mac And Cheese
- Bring the temperature in the oven up to 425 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet by lining it and greasing it. Prepare pasta in accordance with the directions on the package.
- Drain the water and then rinse the pasta in cold water to prevent it from sticking together. Put to the side for now.
- In the meanwhile, salt and pepper the chicken and set it aside. Put the chicken into a big saucepan and add enough water to cover it by an inch.
- Bring to a boil, then immediately decrease the heat and allow the chicken simmer until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit or until the center is no longer pink. between 12 and 16 minutes approx.
- Take the chicken out of the water and shred it with two forks until it is completely dry. Add with buffalo sauce. Put to the side for now.
- In the meanwhile, prepare broccoli florets of a medium size and spray them with avocado oil or sprinkle them with olive oil, then season them with salt and pepper. Cook in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. When you are finished, place to the side.
- While the broccoli is roasting, put a big pan on the burner of the stove. Turn the temperature up to medium and melt the butter.
- After adding the flour, continue cooking for two minutes over low heat while stirring with a whisk. Cook for a further two minutes after adding the minced onion.
- To taste, season with salt and pepper, and then stir in chicken broth and almond milk. Continue whisking. Raise the temperature to medium-high, bring the mixture to a boil, and continue to simmer for another 5 minutes until it is completely smooth and thick.
- After it has reached the desired consistency, take it from the heat, add the cheese, and stir until the cheese has melted. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix in macaroni that has been cooked, broccoli florets that have been roasted, and buffalo chicken. Taste it, then adjust the spices as necessary.
- Serve right away, and have fun with it!
You might also love to try Broccolini Salad Recipe
I will never suggest a dish unless I really like it. You might also love to try making this dish at home. This handmade mac and cheese has spicy buffalo chicken and broccoli that has been roasted to a crunchy texture. It is devoid of gluten, packs an incredible punch, and is very addicting.
I would rate it 4 out of 5. If you use this recipe, please leave a remark and rate it at the bottom of this page. Definitely a must try dish.