This method for crispy tofu is both simple and delicious, and it yields the greatest results. This vegan and gluten-free tofu does not include any oil and is made with just three ingredients total.
Ingredients for Crispy Tofu
|Block Extra Firm Tofu||1 14 oz.|
|Reduced-Sodium Tamari||1 tbsp|
|Nutritional Yeast, plus more to taste||2 tbsp|
Preparation for Crispy Tofu
- To begin, turn the oven up to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. The excess liquid can be “pressed” out of the tofu by wrapping it in a clean dish towel or by using a tofu press after the tofu has been drained of its liquid. Make an effort to get it as dry as you can!
- Cube the tofu so that they are all the same size. My preferred method is to begin by slicing the block in half along its length, and then to cut each rectangle into 16 identical cubes. (Note: If I have additional time or patience, one of my favorite things to do is lightly press the cubes with the dish towel.)
- Place the diced tofu in a large bowl, and then use a spatula to fold the tamari into the tofu in such a way that it uniformly coats the tofu. After adding the nutritional yeast, carefully mix everything together until it is evenly distributed. If you want a stronger flavor, add more nutritional yeast or more seasoning than what is called for.
- Move the cubes to a baking sheet that has been covered with a silicone mat, being sure to leave some space between each individual cube. After 20 minutes on the highest rack in the oven, carefully turn the cubes over and continue baking. Continue baking for an additional twenty to thirty minutes, based on how crispy you prefer your tofu. As the tofu cools, it will develop a texture that is slightly more crisp.
- You can serve it however you choose, and any leftovers will keep for up to a week in the refrigerator.
You might also love to try Raspberry Cheesecake Bars Recipe
This is a very basic and straightforward recipe to prepare. Despite the fact that I am not a large lover of tofu, this recipe is excellent. The delicious crispiness of tofu is a real treat.
I really enjoy making this dish. It gets a perfect score from me. You really ought to make these at your house as well. You are going to adore it.