These apple cider donuts have a cake-like texture, and they are very light, fluffy, and delicate. However, you shouldn’t be too concerned since they are baked and not fried! Because you won’t need any oil to make them, they are a far better choice than traditional doughnuts that are cooked in oil.
Ingredients for Apple Cider Donuts
|apple cider||1 ½ cups|
|baking flour||1 ½ cups|
|baking soda||1 tsp|
|baking powder||½ tsp|
|apple pie spice||1 tsp|
|ground cinnamon||1 tsp|
|unsalted butter||3 tbsp|
|dark brown sugar||½ cup|
|granulated sugar||½ cup|
|vanilla extract||1 tsp|
Preparation for Apple Cider Donuts
- Apple cider should be simmered for 10 to 15 minutes, or until it is reduced to approximately three quarters of a cup.
- Wait ten minutes until it cools down. It is important that you do not omit this step since it significantly improves the taste of these doughnuts.
- Bring the temperature in the oven up to 350 degrees. Prepare two doughnut pans with six cavities each by greasing them well and setting them aside.
- Mix the egg, melted butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar together in a medium-sized mixing basin using a whisk. Apple cider should not be added at this time.
- Mix the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and apple pie spice together in a separate basin using a whisk. Check to see that there aren’t any clumps.
- Add the flour to the wet ingredients in two separate steps, alternating with the apple cider between each addition. Make sure all of the flour is incorporated by using a spatula to scrape the edges of the bowl and ensuring that all of the flour is blended; there should be no flour lumps.
- Place all of the batter inside either a piping bag or a big ziploc bag. Remove the end and fill your donut tins about three quarters of the way.
- Bake the donuts for ten minutes, or until the tops are golden brown and the centers have risen up. After taking it out of the oven, immediately throw it in cinnamon sugar and sprinkle it with it.
- If the sugar does not adhere to the doughnuts or if you do not want to wait until they have cooled, you may first brush a little wash of butter over the donuts and then throw them in the cinnamon sugar.
- If you want the greatest texture, which is light, cakey, and fluffy, serve it warm. Enjoy!
You might also love to try Air Fryer Chicken Sausages Recipe
I will never suggest a product unless I really like it and actually use it myself. The crisp air, apple pie, pumpkin pastries, and warm soups are some of my favorite things about fall. But let’s be honest: apple cider doughnuts are the one item that absolutely shouts “autumn” more than anything else!
I would rate it 4 out of 5. If you use this recipe, please leave a remark and rate it at the bottom of this page. Definitely a must try dish.