This recipe for chicken bolognese is excellent for a quick meal on a weekday since it is both meaty and comforting. This lean ground chicken, carrots, chopped tomatoes, and fresh basil pasta sauce can be ready in only 30 minutes and is the healthiest spaghetti sauce you’ll ever make!
Ingredients for Best Chicken Bolognese
|ground chicken||1 lb|
|extra-virgin olive oil||1 Tbsp|
|yellow onion, finely diced||1|
|carrot, finely diced||1 cup|
|baby bella or cremini mushrooms, finely diced||1 cup|
|garlic, minced||3 – 4 cloves|
|salt, more to taste||1 tsp|
|black pepper||½ tsp|
|crushed red chili flakes, more or less to taste||2 tsp|
|diced or crushed tomatoes||28 oz can|
|tomato paste||¼ cup|
|low-sodium chicken broth||1 ¼ cup|
|fresh basil, finely chopped||3 Tbsp|
|butter||1 – 2 Tbsp|
|pasta of choice||16 oz|
Preparation for Best Chicken Bolognese
- Olive oil should be heated in a large Dutch oven or other saucepan over medium-high heat. To this, add mushrooms, onions, and carrots that have been finely chopped.
- Keep cooking for another four to five minutes, or until the onions have become transparent.
- To the pan, add the ground chicken, minced garlic, salt, pepper, and red chili flakes. While the meat is cooking, use a wooden spoon to break it up into smaller pieces. Keep cooking for another three to four minutes, until the chicken is almost completely done (it is ok if it is still pink).
- Put in some chopped tomatoes, some tomato paste, some chicken broth, some fresh basil, and a bay leaf. Turn the heat down to medium-low and let the mixture simmer for 15–25 minutes while stirring it every so often.
- Try it out, then make any required adjustments to the salt and spices. For the finest taste, allow the food to boil for at least 30–35 minutes if you have the time. In the meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the instructions on the box, then drain it.
- Put away a half cup of the water from the pasta and save it. As soon as the sauce is finished, add the cooked pasta into the pan and mix the contents together until everything is incorporated.
- If there is a need for more liquid, you may have to add some of the spaghetti sauce that you have conserved.
- Enjoy this dish topped with some fresh basil and parmesan cheese and served on a plate.
You might also love to try Lentil Salad Recipe
I will never suggest a dish unless I really like it. You might also love to try making this dish at home. You are going to really like this chicken bolognese dish since it is so velvety, luscious, and satisfying. It is not only satisfying to the palate, but also beneficial to one’s health and rather substantial.
I would rate it 4 out of 5. If you use this recipe, please leave a remark and rate it at the bottom of this page. Definitely a must try dish.