Oat milk and Greek yogurt are used in the preparation of these blueberry scones, which give them a tender, flaky texture in the interior and a buttery, golden crisp outside. Every single scone has a simple lemon icing on top, is bursting with luscious fresh blueberries, and is so moist that it almost melts in your mouth.
Ingredients for Blueberry Scones
|fresh lemon juice||1 tbsp|
|oat milk||¼ cup|
|baking powder||1 tbsp|
|cold unsalted butter||5 tbsp|
|Greek yogurt||¾ cup|
|lemon zest||2 tsp|
|fresh blueberries||1 cup|
|coarse sugar||2 tbsp|
Preparation for Blueberry Scones
- Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper and preheating your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Create some nutritious buttermilk by: Combine the oat milk and lemon juice by whisking them together. Allow it to rest for at least five minutes before proceeding with the remainder of the preparations.
- Get the dough ready: Flour, baking powder, and salt should be mixed together in a large basin using a whisk. You can either use a pastry cutter to cut the butter into the flour or you can just use your fingers to squeeze each individual piece of butter.
- You want to have pieces of varied sizes (some large and some pea-sized). Put the dough in the refrigerator for five minutes if you notice that it is becoming warm at any point.
- After the butter has been incorporated, add the blueberries, Greek yogurt, honey, oat milk buttermilk combination, and the zest of one lemon. Utilizing a rubber spatula, thoroughly incorporate all of the ingredients into the dough as you are mixing it.
- Take extra care not to squish any of the blueberries. The dough should have a rough texture, and there should be some dry flour remaining at the bottom of the bowl.
- Dump everything onto a surface that has been lightly floured, and using your hands, gently bring it all together into a ball of dough. Make the dough into a circle by flattening it out. Don’t put too much force into it. After that, split it in half lengthwise, and place each of the pieces on top of the other.
- To make scones, press the dough halves together into a circle and set aside. The thickness of this circle should be around 1.5–2 inches once it has been flattened.
- Cut into 8 equal triangles (See picture in the post above for reference). Place on the baking sheet that has been prepared with paper. brushed with oat milk, then finished up with a layer of coarse sugar on top.
- Bake: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and bake the muffins for 22–25 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown and the insides are done and fluffy.
- Glaze: While the scones are cooling, prepare the optional lemon glaze by combining all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl; if the glaze is too thin, add an additional 2 to 4 tablespoons of powdered sugar.
- After the scones have COMPLETELY cooled, drizzle over them with the mixture. Enjoy!
You might also love to try Egg Roll With Chicken Mince And Asparagus Stuffing Recipe
I will never suggest a product unless I really like it and actually use it myself. They are packed with of blueberries and do not have an excessive amount of sugar in them.
I would rate it 4 out of 5. If you use this recipe, please leave a remark and rate it at the bottom of this page. Definitely a must try dish.