These bagels with French Toast are out of this world wonderful. A traditional recipe that calls for cinnamon, milk, eggs, bagels (plain or cinnamon raisin), vanilla extract, and vanilla extract. They have gooey cores and crunchy, buttery borders, so they almost melt in your mouth.
Ingredients for French Toast Bagels
|bagels, plain or cinnamon raisin||4|
|almond milk||¾ cup|
|vanilla extract||1 tsp|
|ground cinnamon||½ – 1 tsp|
|salt (optional)||¼ tsp|
|unsalted butter||1 – 2 tbsp|
Preparation for French Toast Bagels
- In a large and deep mixing basin, whisk the eggs, milk, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt together until combined. The use of a casserole dish is one of my favorites.
- Bagels should be sliced in half.
- Before beginning to soak your bagels, have a big frying pan or pancake griddle ready by heating it over a medium flame.
- Then, one by one, submerge each bagel slice into the liquid, and let them sit there for approximately a minute and a half on each side. Because bagels are more substantial than pieces of bread, more time is required for them to absorb the liquid.
- It is strongly recommended that you cook the bagels in batches, and the number of batches you need will depend on the size of your pan.
- To the pan that has been preheated, add one tablespoon of butter. After the butter has melted, add your french toast bagels with the cut sides facing down.
- Cook for two to three minutes each side, or until the edges begin to develop a little crispiness. While the bagels are cooking, one of my favorite techniques is to use a spatula to push down on them so that the inside becomes warm, buttery, and crispy.
- Clean the pan well, melt an additional tablespoon of butter, and then proceed with the remainder of the bagels in the same manner.
- Fresh fruit, powdered sugar, honey, maple syrup, or butter may be used as toppings. Enjoy!
You might also love to try Chicken Poppers Recipe
I will never suggest a product unless I really like it and actually use it myself. This recipe for cinnamon raisin and plain bagels french toast is one of my absolute favorites to make. If you are making these for your children or your family, you may even use little bagels. Enjoying a traditional dish like french toast in this manner is an exciting and novel experience.
I would rate it 4 out of 5. If you use this recipe, please leave a remark and rate it at the bottom of this page. Definitely a must try dish.