This recipe for quick and simple creamy lemon caper pasta that just takes 15 minutes to make is the ideal healthy midweek dish. Made with basic ingredients such as fresh lemon, garlic, black pepper, Greek yogurt, and parmesan cheese along with skim milk and Greek yogurt.
Ingredients for Lemon Caper Pasta
|pasta, spaghetti||10 oz|
|unsalted butter or extra-virgin olive oil||1 Tbsp|
|garlic, minced||2 cloves|
|arrowroot powder, tapioca starch or cornstarch||1 ½ tbsp|
|low-sodium vegetable or chicken broth||1 cup|
|plain Greek yogurt||½ cup|
|freshly grated parmesan cheese||¼ cup|
|fresh lemon juice||3 – 4 tbsp|
|salt, to taste||1 tsp|
|black pepper, to taste||½ tsp|
|capers, liquid drained||2 – 3 tbsp|
Preparation for Lemon Caper Pasta
- Pasta should be cooked in salted water that has been brought to a boil in a big saucepan. In accordance with the directions on the box, boil the pasta until it is al dente, drain it, and then quickly rinse it under cold water to halt the cooking process.
- Put to the side for now. Combine the arrowroot powder and the veggie broth by whisking them together in a basin or glass. Put to the side for now. After that, remove the zest from one lemon and put it aside.
- In the meanwhile, bring the butter to a simmer in a large saucepan set over medium heat.
- To the pan, add the minced garlic, give it a toss, and continue cooking until the aroma is released. This ought to take no more than thirty seconds to one minute.
- Milk should be added to the combination of arrowroot and vegetable broth. Continue to whisk everything together, ensuring sure there are no lumps along the way.
- Raise the temperature to medium-high and continue to let the sauce boil for two to four minutes, or until it has reached the desired consistency. Every 20 seconds, whisk the ingredients.
- Turn the heat down to medium-low, add the greek yogurt, parmesan cheese, lemon juice, and lemon zest, and then taste and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper as necessary.
- Once everything is well blended, add the capers and whisk them in carefully. Toss the cooked spaghetti with the sauce using tongs once it has been added.
- If you choose, you may garnish this dish with some fresh parsley, more capers, and/or parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
You might also love to try 4-Ingredient Chocolate Donuts Recipe
I will never suggest a dish unless I really like it. You might also love to try making this dish at home. This recipe for creamy lemon caper pasta is not only very tasty but also simple to prepare and good for you. You won’t need more than a quarter of an hour to complete the task in the kitchen.
I would rate it 4 out of 5. If you use this recipe, please leave a remark and rate it at the bottom of this page. Definitely a must try dish.