These cupcakes infused with lemon flavor are extremely moist, airy and have just the right amount of sweetness. Their texture is delicate and tender, and they are effortless to prepare. Additionally, you can adapt the recipe to make them gluten-free without much difficulty.
Ingredients for Lemon Drizzle Cupcakes
|all-purpose flour, spooned & leveled||1 cup|
|baking powder||1 ½ tsp|
|unsalted butter, room temperature||10 tbsp|
|granulated sugar||⅔ cup|
|eggs, room temperature||2|
|powdered sugar||¼ cup|
Preparation for Lemon Drizzle Cupcakes
- To start, preheat your oven to 350°F and prepare a cupcake tin by lining it with 12 paper liners. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt, whisking them together until well combined, then set the mixture aside.
- Next, using a high-speed blender, blend the sugar for about 30 to 45 seconds until it becomes “caster” sugar.
- Although this step is not crucial for the cupcakes to turn out well, it is recommended. The sugar should have a powdery appearance, but still feel grainy when touched.
- In a large mixing bowl or a stand mixer, beat the butter for 30 to 60 seconds using an electric hand mixer or a paddle attachment. Add the blended sugar and beat again for another 30 to 60 seconds. Then, add the eggs and milk, and beat for 30 seconds until just combined.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture in two increments, beating on medium speed until everything is fully combined. The batter will look sticky.
- At this point, add the zest of one lemon and half a tablespoon of lemon juice, and mix everything together.
- Using a 2 tbsp cookie scoop, fill each cupcake liner with approximately 2 tablespoons of batter. Although it might not look like a lot, they will rise nicely to the top.
- Bake the cupcakes for about 18 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted. The top of the cupcakes should have a slight dome shape, and the edges should be golden brown.
- While the cupcakes are baking, mix 2 tbsp of lemon juice with the powdered sugar in a small bowl and whisk everything together until fully combined.
- You can add more lemon juice to thin the glaze if needed, but it should have a lemony flavor since we will be drizzling it over the cupcakes. Allow the glaze to sit while the cupcakes bake to make sure it dissolves completely.
You might also love to try Keto Taco Salad
This recipe yields 12 servings.
These cupcakes are tender and buttery, and they have been infused with a straightforward lemon drizzle to ensure they remain moist and delicate
.I will never suggest a dish unless I really like it. You might also love to try making this dish at home. I would rate it 4 out of 5. If you use this recipe, please leave a remark and rate it at the bottom of this page. Definitely a must try dish.