Tofu is a fantastic choice since it is strong in protein yet low in carbohydrates. Each half-cup serving of tofu contains about 2.3 grams of tofu. Tofu has just 1.9 grams of net carbohydrates per serving thanks to its 0.4 grams of fiber, making it an excellent choice for those watching their carbohydrate intake. That is really quite an impressive performance!
Ingredients for Tofu crust pizza
Preparation for Tofu crust pizza
- Place the tofu in a bowl, pour the boiling water over it, and then cover the bowl and set it aside for around ten minutes.
- The next step is to take another bowl and add the tofu, which you will then mash well. After that, add the salt and chili powder and stir well.
- Now form it into a patty and shape it to the thickness you want. (Because I cooked mine thick, it appears like individual pizzas because of how it turned out.)
- To prepare the topping, slice the tomato and mushroom into the proper shape and set them aside.
- To make broccoli paste, you only need to boil the broccoli and combine it; the paste may then be stored in the refrigerator for three to four days.
Method for Tofu crust pizza
- Put the butter in a pan that won’t stick and heat it over a medium temperature.
- The tofu foundation should be placed on the pan.
- Cook the bottom side until it is browned, then turn it over to cook the other side.
- After this, reduce the heat to a low setting, spread the broccoli paste over the top of the tofu foundation, add the tomato and mushroom slices, and finish with the cheese.
- Now fasten the lid and continue cooking the cheese until it melts.
- You may enjoy this with any dip or combination of dips that you choose.
You might also love to try Shredded Chicken Salad Recipe
This tofu pizza crust is incredible, despite its simplicity and minimal carb content. Because the pizza dough is prepared with tofu rather of grain, it is not only grain-free but also vegan, gluten-free, suitable to those following a ketogenic diet, and rich in protein!
Because it bakes up firm and flavorful, it is an excellent choice for a healthy alternative to pizza crust. This recipe is perfect for you if you are seeking for a gluten-free, grain-free, or just low-carb pizza option. I would give 3.5 out of 5.