Okra is a nutrient-dense food that has many positive effects on one’s health. Magnesium, folic acid, fiber, anti-oxidants, vitamins C, K1, and A can be found in high concentrations in this food. Okra may be beneficial for pregnant women, as well as for heart health and the control of blood sugar. It is even possible that it has anticancer effects.
Ingredients for Veggie (Okra/ Bhindi Fry)
|Red chilly powder
Preparation for Veggie (Okra/ Bhindi Fry)
- Olive oil should be heated in a nonstick pan over a medium temperature before being added.
- Add the ground turmeric, the chopped onion, and a little amount of salt. Mix well.
- Fry the onion until it reaches a golden brown color, and then add the okra (that you have cut according to your desired shape).
- After placing the cover back on the pot, wait for the okra to become somewhat pliable before adding the remaining salt, green chile, chilli and coriander powder, and garam masala.
- After a thorough mixing and cooking for five to eight minutes, tomatoes should be added and fried thoroughly.
- Now pour in the juice of the lemon, and continue to heat for another minute or so.
You might also love to try Lemon pound cake Recipe
Okra has a taste that is light and almost grassy, yet it is unmistakably okra. Even though its flavor is frequently likened to that of eggplant or green beans, people are more interested in how it feels in their mouths.
When cooked rapidly, okra retains its gritty texture, but when slow-cooked, it transforms into an almost meltingly delicate vegetable. I’d give it a score of 4 out of 5.